Diseases can spread from one person to another through sexual contact. These diseases are the following:
1. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
a. Syphilis is a sexually transmitted diseases which produces painless sores. These sores disappear within a week. But if not treated, they may cause heart, brain or eye damage.
b. Gonorrhea is an infection of the cervix, urethra or rectum. It causes painful urination.
c. Genital herpes is characterized by blisters or itching in the genital area. It can be passed on by mother to the fetus during pregnancy.
2. Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
AIDS is transmitted during sexual contact. It can also be transmitted through homosexual contact. Another common means of transmission is through the use of an infected hypodermic syringe.
3. Hydrocele is an accumulation of clear, watery, light-yellow colored fluid in the scrotum. This is caused by mild irritation.
4. Orchitis is the inflammation of the testes. It is caused by injuries or mumps. Rest is needed until the symptoms subside.
5. Amenorrhea is the failure of menstruation to appear. Emotional tension, overfatigue or heart disease are its causes.
6. Dysmenorrhea is a painful mentruation. It may be a symptom of abnormal tumor in the ovary or uterus.